Wednesday, October 24, 2012

Alias

I felt like the blog needed a new name to reflect where my head is at.

The last name, "Me, my Wife, and Arcee," implies a couple of things that don't feel right to me at this point: one, that Arcee is somehow separate and distinct from my male-self, and two, that we somehow had to make space for "her" to fit into our marriage.

Yeah, not so much.

Since coming out to D.W., I feel like that's not really been the focus of our conversations, nor of my own thoughts and impressions relating to my transgenderism. I also don't feel like "Arcee" is a separate persona anymore, rather, just another facet of the prism that is me.

Soooo... new blog name: "A.K.A. Arcee."

5 comments:

  1. Actually I thought "nerdfighteria" was even more funny/better :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. @River: Nerdfighteria is a real thing, actually. Members of Hank & John Green's community: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FyQi79aYfxU

    ReplyDelete
  3. EH???! IT is?!

    LOL...they have over a 1,000 videos??? WTHeck... Not bad. Truthfully I wish I was a terminator more than a nerdfighter but since that's not possible maybe a nerdfighter is the way to go then O.o failpuppy?? what the heck is that?

    But when they reinvent a way to convert humans to terminators I may have to abandon this nerdfighter thing...hope you don't mind or feel betrayed by that.

    You have redefined nerdness for me...I am ashamed. I was completely unaware :p

    My brother is a TOSH fan actually but ...*warning* he makes fun of absolutely everything he possibly can. no holds barred.

    Thanks a bunch Arcee

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yeah, they're one of YouTube's big successes, yet they've stayed humble and focused on helping others and fostering a great community, unlike a lot of the other big YouTubers.

    ReplyDelete