Wednesday, November 20, 2013

Transgender Day of Remembrance

At first this post was going to be me talking about how my LDS trans friends and I have been invited to guest blog over at Northern Lights all this month in honor of Trans Awareness Month. But then I remembered that today is the annual Transgender Day of Remembrance, and thought that self-promotion might be a little tacky, so I'll defer. But if you're interested in LDS perspectives on trans issues, you'd be well served to get over there and follow along.

I do want to pause, though, and remember those transfolk (mostly minority-status trans women) who have been the unfortunate victims of fear, hatred, misogyny, and violence. I wish that, after being "civilized" for thousands of years, humanity would have eventually mellowed out by now.

No comments:

Post a Comment