Tuesday, November 12, 2013

Trans Awareness Month, Day 7 - Who do you look up to?

(This is part 7 of my observance of Transgender Awareness Month, my answers to the 30 Day Trans-Challenge.)

Okay, got some catching up to do. Let's see how many I can knock out tonight while waiting for my new Agents of SHIELD episode to download.

7) Who do you look up to?

Oh, gosh, so many people I don't know if I can really single anyone out without leaving out so many others. I'll limit myself to my heroes as related to my transgenderism, because otherwise we could be here all night:

  • Brin, webmistress of bigender.net, who opened my eyes to the idea that people's gender identity can be fluid.
  • Morgan McCormick, who showed me you can be trans and still like video games and "boy stuff".
  • Josh Weed, who showed the world it's possible to be a faithful, gay Latter-Day Saint (I admit his circumstances are unique, but still). Plus, he's funny.
  • Katelyn Marsh, whose friendship and advice are always welcome.
  • Gordon Hinckley, who showed the world that it's possible to stand for your faith and boldly declare God's will, yet remain humble, funny, and just a little bit self-deprecating.
  • Finally, last but certainly not least, my wife, DW. Seriously, she's an amazing person, and since my coming out to her, she's tried to be understanding and supportive in a life she never asked for. She makes me a better human being just by being next to me.

So, readers, who are some of your heroes?

No comments:

Post a Comment